Have our SERVPRO of East Windsor professionals perform HEALTH AND ENERGY EFFICIENCY Services with our HVAC & AIR DUCT CLEANING Team.
Health and energy efficiency is a major concern for many property owners and managers. It is becoming increasingly important to clean and maintain your HVAC and Air Duct systems to avoid any negative impact it could have on the health and efficiency of your property and occupants.
As much as half of the energy used in your home or business goes to heating and cooling. Making smart decisions about your heating, ventilating, and air conditioning (HVAC) system can have a big effect on your utility bills — and your comfort.
BENEFITS OF OUR HEALTH & ENERGY EFFICIENCY SERVICES
- Restore peak energy efficiency & lower energy costs
- Eliminate allergens and odors
- Reduce the potential for mold growth
Through normal HVAC use dirt and debris will start to slowly collect on the surfaces of your HVAC components, these contaminants if not properly maintained can cause a degradation of the efficiency of the entire system. The cumulative effect of this over time can lead to considerable energy loss and can be a contributor to higher energy bills for your New Jersey home or business. In addition, allergy and asthma sufferers, young children, and other occupants with breathing difficulties are more susceptible to poor indoor air quality.
COMMON PROBLEM AREAS
These are common problem areas that contribute to restricted airflow, increased energy consumption and reduced equipment longevity:
- Duct and System Leakage
- Closed, Clogged or Stuck Dampers
- Filtration Issues
- Excess or Damaged Ductwork
- Failed Duct Liner
- Clogged/Nonfunctioning Exhaust Systems
SERVPRO of East Windsor professionals can perform an inspection to access your system and determine the depth of your problem and if your system could benefit from our cleaning and maintenance services. If moisture is present, the potential for mold growth is increased, sending spores into your New Jersey, East Windsor or Princeton working or living spaces, creating a much larger problem.
HVAC AND AIR DUCT CLEANING
Generally, refers to the cleaning of various heating and cooling system components of forced air systems, including the supply and return air ducts and registers, grilles and diffusers, heat exchangers, heating and cooling coils, condensate drain pains, fan motor and fan housing, and the air handling unit housing.
PARTS OF AN HVAC UNIT THAT CAN BENEFIT FROM ROUTINE MAINTENANCE:
- EVAPORATOR COIL: particle buildup can have an insulating effect on the surface of the coil, leading to longer cooling times and greater energy consumption.
- HEATING COIL: dust and dirt will accumulate and clog air passages this restricts air flow and the furnace must run longer to reach desired temperatures. If a coil is severely impacted by debris, it can cause the unit to malfunction.
- DAMPERS AND TURNING VANES: these elements ensure proper air flow throughout your system, particles or larger debris like insulation can obstruct or diminish airflow, leading to an overall degradation of the entire system.
- AIR REGISTERS: dust and debris can accumulate on the blades and seriously reduce air flow, negatively impacting overall energy performance and comfort levels in the space.
- FRESH AIR INTAKE SCREEN: these openings are integral to the quality of air inside your building, they quickly become clogged from environmental debris and buildup inhibits proper fresh air from entering the system.
- FAN AND BLOWERS: particle buildup can reduce the capacity of the blades to move adequate air causing the blower motor to run longer while pushing less air per rotation.
When HVAC systems are cleaned of dirt and debris, it doesn’t have to work as hard to maintain the desired temperatures, air can flow more freely. As a result, less energy is used, leading to improved cost-effectiveness, longer operating life, as well as health benefits and energy savings.
Our team of professionals can inspect your local New Jersey HVAC or air duct system and access your specific situation and work with you to provide a solution to keep your business air quality healthy and energy efficient. The exact solution for your New Jersey, East Windsor or Princeton property will depend on a few factors, including the size of your overall duct and vent system, how accessible your HVAC system is to our technicians, and the level of maintenance required.
Give SERVPRO of East Windsor a call for a Free Assessment, we are Always Here to Help! SERVPRO of East Windsor (609) 443-9110