Recent Building Services Posts
The SERVPRO of East Windsor Construction Team can help Repair and Restore these 5 Common Property Damage Areas.
Our building team can help restore and rebuild your New Jersey home/business to a safe and welcoming place, again.
Putting your East Windsor, Princeton, Montgomery or other local New Jersey area property back together after a disaster can be challenging, our construction team takes pride in helping restore and repair residential or commercial property after a fire, water or mold disaster! Restoring your Monroe, Princeton or East Windsor residential or commercial property, “Like It Never Even Happened” is important to us, making improvements after a disaster is common. Our professionals are skilled at working with home and business owners to help navigate a rebuild or remodel, our team is here to help from disaster restoration to the final walk through after reconstruction.
5 COMMON PROPERTY DAMAGE AREAS
- Bathrooms suffer common water damage mainly because they are exposed to several water and plumbing sources including sinks and bathtubs/showers in a localized area.
- Kitchens can suffer damage from both water and fire hazards and can see major damage to floors, appliances, cabinets and counter tops.
- Basements are prone to water and mold damage from poor drainage and ventilation, both finished and unfinished basements can see major damage from storm and environmental leakage and flooding.
- Exterior Elements such as a roof, doors, windows and siding are all common locations to see property damage from weather, water, fire and mold. Whether damage is small or extensive, taking care of these problems immediately can minimize continued damage to your home.
- Floors commonly suffer water damage and can significantly affect your home’s overall safety and structure, leading to costly repairs.
These common areas are ideal places to look for upgrades or remodel options when your property suffers from storm, water, fire or mold damage. The SERVPRO of East Windsor construction team can help you reimagine your space and restore and rebuild your Central New Jersey home to a comfortable, safe and welcoming home or business, again.
- Open-Concept Living: Consider knocking down a wall, creating distinct groupings for the space, and make sure to leave plenty of negative space to help separate the areas and provide space for walking around and entertaining.
- Upgrading Windows, Lighting and Fixtures: Adding a new window, skylight or new light fixtures can brighten up your space and create more flow for enhanced natural light.
- Aesthetics: Color can unify and update a dated space, research color trends and find a style that fits your property. Adding wall art, throw pillows, and other accessories can make the space more welcoming.
- Finishing a Basement: A moisture-free and properly ventilated basement can provide additional living space that is an ideal location for an extra bedroom, home office or entertainment area, and don’t forget some additional storage
- Upgrading your kitchen or bathroom: Updated cabinets, replacing a tub or shower, and new fixtures will make a huge difference, also updating your flooring, backsplash or adding an island for additional counter space are a few options.
A fire, water or mold disaster can ruin your possessions and significantly affect the structure of your home or business, which can result in costly repairs.
Our team at SERVPRO of East Windsor is here to help, we are trusted leaders in the restoration industry and we have the expertise and manpower to address the damage and make repairs. We take pride in every detail of restoring your East Windsor, Princeton, Montgomery or other local New Jersey area property and getting your life back to normal as quickly as possible.
Your First Steps After a Disaster
You might feel overwhelmed after a disaster, but we are here to help!
You might have a lot of questions running through your head after disaster strikes. The feeling of being overwhelmed is not uncommon, but we find people are often left asking: what now?
The first step is to have your house evaluated to ensure it is a safe place to return. Safety is always our first priority, and it should be yours too. Fire, water, and mold can all lead to unsafe living conditions—like contaminants in the air or structural damage. If the house has been cleared for re-entry, most people think the obvious next step would be to start cleaning, but it is important to document the damage done to your home and belongings. Using a camera, or your phone, to take pictures of the chaos can help with insurance claims. If your phone or camera did not survive the incident we recommend calling a SERVPRO of East Windsor professional to document the damage so you can begin the process of restoring your home.
An expert at SERVPRO of East Windsor will be able to photograph the damage done to your home on your behalf for purposes of insurance claims. Based on the condition of your home, the SERVPRO of East Windsor serviceperson will advise—based on possible rate increases and the cost to repair—whether involving the insurance company is cost-effective.
We aim to make the restoration as painless as possible; we will help you throughout the entire process. Once the damage has been documented, we can give you a professional assessment of the damage done and the how best to proceed. The only thing you will have to do is submit the claim to your insurance company! An insurance company will often have agreements with—what they refer to as—preferred vendors, but you should know that you have the right to choose which company you trust to rebuild your home.
Disaster is—obviously—never welcomed, but it could give you the opportunity to recreate your house in your own image! SERVPRO of East Windsor is ready to help build your dream home. Turn a negative into a positive by adding the laundry room you always wanted. Restoring your life after a disaster is always difficult, but we hope you find comfort in knowing SERVPRO of East Windsor is here to help!
Rebuilding after a disaster.
After a disaster—whether it be a fire, water, or storm—damages your home you will need to rebuild and restore. For decades SERVPRO has been known for their ability to respond to a disaster and fix your home to make it "Like it never even happened.”
The first thing you must do after a disaster is take temporary protective measures such as placing roof tarps to prevent additional damage, and boarding up to secure the building and remove water and debris. Mold, smoke, fire, and water damage all have their own protocol for restoration and our experts know how to tackle each problem.
Once your home or building is secured and the hazards are removed you can start the rebuilding process; from the structure itself to preserving and restoring the treasured items inside your home—including heirlooms, art, and family photos. The professionals at SERVPRO of East Windsor can simplify the restoration process by handling both the initial damage mitigation and rebuilding the affected areas. Having one qualified company for the entire process can save time and keeps costs low.
SERVPRO of East Windsor can provide this continuity by supervising a full range of restoration services that will bring a building back to full functionality.
- Board Up
- Carpet Repair and Installation
- Document Drying
- Dry Cleaning
- Drywall Installation
- Drywall Removal
- Electronics Restoration
- Fine Art Restoration
- Furniture Restoration
- General Contracting
- Hardwood Floor Repair
- HVAC Services
- Move Out
- Roofing Services
- Tree Removal
- And more!
If you are in need of construction services contact SERVPRO of East Windsor at (609) 336-4651